Sunny Dee's is in a beautiful original Blackpool Townhouse built in 1863 (the same year North Pier was built) and it has weathered the Irish Sea just as well! With high ceilings and some original features, we offer a stylish contemporary twist in your favourite seaside town with value for money and a quiet and family orientated welcome! Owned and run by a former Met Police Royalty Protection Officer at Buckingham Palace, standards are high - but not stuffy! Yorkshire born, though now a proud 'Honorary Lancastrian'! We offer a safe and comfortable environment, there is no nosey reception and after check-in you are left to your own devices, so you can come and go as you please! We are semi-retired and whilst here to support you 100% during your stay, we don't live in the office and can often be found on the beach walking the dog...
Sunny Dee's was built in 1863 and as such has very limited access for persons with limited mobility. There are 3 steps from the street (with a handrail) and 3 more into the building from the patio. Unfortunately there are no apartments on the ground floor and there are 14 steps to apt #1; a further 6 steps to apt #2 & apt #3; then an additional 12 steps to apt #4 and 6 more steps to apt 5 & #6, as such we are unsuitable for wheelchair users - however please don't hesitate to contact us and we will accommodate any specific needs as best we can! We just need to make sure you are safe in the unlikely event of evacuating the building.
Kindly note, there is no guest access through our private accommodation from the rear of the building/parking space to the lobby.
** We strongly suggest you take out travel insurance for all eventualities **
1. The lead booker is responsible on behalf of all guests on the reservation for any loss or damage caused; or for excessive and unreasonable cleaning (smoking as per paragraph 14 below).
2. We reserve the right to store your card in accordance with Payment Card Industry data security standards in case any damage or theft etc exceeds £150 or pre-authorise a security deposit for £150 at check in, this is released from your card on check-out subject to no damage etc.
3. COVID and all other cancellations. You are advised to take out a travel policy if you do not have one to cover any losses that are out of our control to cover any unforeseen eventualities and cancellations. We can only offer a refund or defer your stay to another date if we are legally closed by the UK Government.
4. Sunny Dee's is not responsible for the editorial content of any third-party publications or websites and is not obliged to honour any prices, rates or tariffs published therein. Our prices, rates and tariffs may change at any time - but are always accurately reflected on our own website and our booking engine via the 'BOOK NOW' button.
5. A booking fee of 20% of the booking total is required and the balance due 14 days before arrival, by credit or debit cards, cheque, BACS, cash.
6. You may cancel free of charge within 24 hours if you do not wish to accept these T&C's.
7. After 24 hours, the booking fee will be refunded according to the cancellation conditions below.
8. If the booking is cancelled less than 14 days before arrival then a charge equal to the full booking amount will be made.
9. If the booking is cancelled 14 or more days before arrival, then a charge (booking fee) equal to 20% of the stay will be made.
10. In the event of a no show or booking reduction (after arrival date) the full cost of the booking is charged.
11. This is our home, we live here and are a quiet family-oriented establishment and we are totally unsuitable for ‘stag’ or ‘hen’ parties, those attending ‘raves’, here to get drunk all night etc. There are plenty of alternate properties that would be happy to accommodate you.
12. Babies under 2 free of charge, child rate is ages 3-14. 15+ charged at the adult rate.
13. Electric heating - Electricity is by £5 meter card at below cost price (first one per day is included). Most guests find this sufficient and it is very rare any guests need to purchase an extra one. However, additional cards are available at reception, this helps us keep our costs down and guest awareness of unnecessary wastage. Our meters are not inflated in any way and are set at approximately 25% lower than what we pay - we find this works well for both parties and helps our little green-footprint.
14. In the event of serious misuse of the accommodation or severe inconvenience to ourselves or our guests, we reserve the right to terminate use of the accommodation forthwith without refund and to recover any proper costs incurred from such misuse.
15. We cannot accept responsibility for items left on the premises so please take care to securely lock your apartment when going out. If you use our car park space, you do so entirely at your own risk.
16. We are a non-smoking establishment and it is illegal to smoke on our premises and guests are asked to respect that - including e-cigarettes. A deep cleaning charge of £150 will be applied for guests who choose to ignore this. There is a smoking area on our patio for your convenience.
17. SPECIAL OFFERS - Please note these may be withdrawn or amended at ANY time, with some periods excluded - however confirmed bookings will always be honoured! Cannot be combined with any other offer or discount.
18. DOGS. From May 2022, we are trialling accepting up to two dog’s maximum dogs in apartments #1 or #3 only. These will be super deep cleaned on departure. For guests allergic to dogs, please be aware we ourselves have a lovable young Dobermann Max, who may occasionally be in the lobby area.
i. During your stay we ask that for their safety dog(s) are leashed at all times when outside the apartment and when using our front patio.
ii. Please do not leave your dog(s) unattended in the apartment at any time, nor allow on the beds. We will provide a throw for the sofa and dog bowls if required?
iii. Up to two dogs are £5 per night to help cover our extra specialist cleaning materials, includes a doggy welcome pack too.
19. T&C's Valid for new bookings from 30/11/22.
We value your privacy enormously and we take it extremely seriously. We are registered with the Information Commissioners Office (Certificate ZA746154).
Privacy Statement - Freetobook is the booking software used by Sunny Dee's to enable our guests to make either telephone or online bookings and manage those bookings.
This following applies to the processing by freetobook of personal data collected by Sunny Dee's using the freetobook online booking system in relation to the provision of accommodation by Sunny Dee's.
Your Personal Data Properties using freetobook as their booking engine, collect and store information that you give when you make a booking. You are asked for your name, address, telephone number and email along with payment information and “the names of any guests travelling with you”. This may also include your IP address. This information is stored in the freetobook system in order to process your booking. You may be contacted by Sunny Dee's in relation to your booking. We may send you a Christmas card, please let us know if you would rather not!
Your data is also stored after you have stayed but will be kept no longer than necessary in order to comply with legal obligations and for Sunny Dee's to welcome your repeat business.
We maintain a CCTV system for the purposes of crime prevention and public safety. All data is overwritten after 30 days or less. You may request a copy of an image that may be on the system with a written subject access request (£10), we will supply it as soon as possible, but legally within 30 days.